Dorm Supplies Shipped Right to the Room – Alice.com
I know that we are harping on a theme these days (here and here), but just as no one really, really, really – like, I mean, really – told me how having kids would change my life, no one has warned me of all the prep work that is required to send a kid off to college these days. Oy!
We got most of it done by now, including the dorm room shopping bit and that’s mostly thanks to this convenient solution called Alice.com. For those of you already using Alice, it’s a “duh!”, I know. For others who have not used it (yet), I raved about the service here and haven’t looked back since. So, my dorm room supplies solution is to order from Alice.com and have all the sundries shipped directly to my son’s dorm room. Brilliant, if I say so myself.
Here’s what I got:
- All toiletry duplicates (we want him to feel at home when he comes back, without having to bring a toiletry case to use in his own home) such as shampoo, body wash (would you be surprised if I told you that he is using Old Spice nowadays?), deodorant, toothpaste, etc…
- Laundry supplies: I love that I could find tiny packaging on the site. There is certainly no room to store the 50 oz bottles here. I like the Country Save laundry packets. Nice and small and convenient to bring down to the laundromat. I also like the GrabGreen 3-in-1 pre-measured pods which also contains fabric softener. I went for the pack of 24 on this one. Both product lines are green. Then let’s not forget the Tide To Go stain remover pen.
- Dishes and cleaning: I love Sun & Earth products which I discovered through Alice (wrote about them here). In this instance, I think that their trial size bottles are perfect for dorm room use. I got my son the dish liquid and the all purpose cleaner. Green and $0.89 each.
- First Aid: Alice has everything in this category. Pain relievers, bandages, antibiotic ointment, cough drops and the rest. But I also got this SymptomPak which is perfect to appease all potential flu-related ailments. Add chicken soup.
- Coffee & Tea: My son loves his coffee and was given a mini French coffee press which he is taking with him along with an electric kettle. I thus ordered ground coffee – and a variety of teas. Though Alice doesn’t sell sugar per se, they do carry sweeteners of various kinds, including Sun Crystal which is stevia and cane sugar based.
- General: one roll of paper towels, box of tissues, batteries…
That’s it. I think we are covered. I’ve added a few “luxury” items (like a fancy nut mix and shortbread cookies) to the order to surprise my son when he opens the box. It will be convenient to replenish any of these items via long distance and have the whole order delivered right to the residence hall. PHEW.