Oilily’s 2008 Collection – “Soft Parade”
Oilily has just unpacked their 2008 fall collection, titled “The Soft Parade”. As usual, I am falling
hard for a few of the pieces in this collection. As previously declared, Oilily is one of my favorite clothing brands, especially for all the occasions when I don’t need that super office professional look (which is a rare occasion these days). I know that I don’t have to justify myself, but the reasons that I love Oilily – for myself, now that my daughter is too old for the children’s line – are multiple:
- I love that the pieces won’t be going out of style in 6 months. Indeed, I’m wearing favorites from 6 and 7 years ago. Sure, some things change, like the length of t-shirts and the like, but the more substantial pieces have real style-staying power.
- I love the recurring color palette: items purchased in this latest season will go with basics purchased years before. The palette is so varied and multi-colored that it never gets old.
- I love that they have introduced black in their palette about 2 years ago. This makes the brand even more wearable and more mixable with other labels.
- I love their accessories, particularly their bags. You need to take a look at the V-Wheels carry-on bag. You will never get this one confused with any other on the x-ray belt. I have one from the previous season and love, love, love it.
- I love the fit of their skirts, which for the more – hummmm, shall we say “well-rounded” women such as myself are flirty and totally flattering.
- I love that these are always my feel-good clothes. Nothing else needs to be said…
This season, I might very well succumb to some of the following fab pieces:
Pretty cool, huh? Here’s the Oilily store finder.