Stuffed Mushrooms – Gluten-Free and Vegan. And Great for Al Fresco Meals.
Here’s a fun summer snack for your summer gatherings; perfect for your BBQ or picnic!
BLACK RICE N’ QUINOA STUFFED MUSHROOMS
Gluten-Free and Vegan
24 large button mushrooms
1/4 cup white onion, minced
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1/2 cup cooked black rice
1/2 cup cooked quinoa
2 carrots, peeled and grated
1/2 cup cashews, finely chopped
2 Tbsp. organic salsa
1 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
2 chives, finely chopped
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a baking dish with nonstick baking spray.
– Clean mushrooms and remove stems. Set mushroom caps aside; discard stems.
– In a small skillet over medium heat, cook onion in olive oil until translucent, approximately 6 minutes.
– Add cooked black rice, quinoa, carrots, cashews, salsa, sea salt and pepper; cook until warm, approximately 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat.
– Using a teaspoon, transfer rice mixture in each mushroom cap. Slightly over-stuff mushroom caps with rice mixture.
– Place stuffed mushrooms in a single layer on prepared baking dish. Bake, uncovered for 15 minutes.
– Remove from the oven; garnish with fresh chives.